The Friends of St. Peter’s Monkwearmouth (FSPM)
Dame Professor Rosemary Cramp
Archaeologist, University of Durham
Kate Adie OBE
Professor Michelle Brown
Professor of Medieval Manuscripts, Institute of English Studies, University of London
Professor Ewan Clayton
Faculty of Arts, Design & Media, University of Sunderland
FSPM exists primarily to finance the conservation costs of the fabric of St.Peter’s church for use by future generations and secondarily to provide funding for research into projects that will help the interpretation of the site to visitors, such as in archaeology, visiting lecturers, academic symposia, artists in residence.
Benefits of being a friend
- Ordinary membership will include regular mailings of FSPM events
- Invitations to lectures
- Invitations to historic tours
- Mailing of a FSPM Friends newsletter.
In addition to the above Platinum membership will include
- An invitation to an annual dinner
- A free copy of the year’s Wearmouth Lecture
- A 10% discount on meals purchased at Bede’s Bakehouse on the St. Peter’s site.
To join The Friends of St. Peters Monkwearmouth, please click here to download the Friends form in PDF format (opens in a new window).